|OSC Optical SupervisoryChannel SFP fiber optic transceiver with integrated digital diagnostics monitoring functionality provides a quick and reliable interface for optical supervisory channel applications. The diagnostic functions, alarm and warning features as described in the Multi-Source Agreement (MSA) document, SFF-8472 (Rev. 9.4), are provided via an I2C serial interface. The OSC SFP transceiver uses a 1510nm DFB laser and an APD receiver to provide an optical link power budget of 47dB. The transceiver satisfies Class I Laser Safety requirements in accordance with the U.S. FDA/CDRH and international IEC-60825 standards.
The transceiver connects to a standard 20-pad connector for hot plug capability. This allows the system designer to make configuration changes or maintenance by simply plugging in different types of transceivers without removing the power supply from the host system.
The transceiver has a blue bail-type latch, which offers an easy and convenient way to release the module. The latch is compliant with the SFP MSA.
- 1510nm DFB Transmitter and APD Receiver
- 47dB link budget at least
- Compatible with SFP MSA
- Designed for SONET OC-3 (156Mb/s) OSC Application
- Digital Diagnostics through Serial Interface
- Internal Calibration for Digital Diagnostics
- Eye Safe (Class I Laser Safety)
- Duplex LC Optical Interface
- Excellent EMI & ESD Protection